Animal chiropractic involves gentle mobilization of the spinal joints and extremities to restore proper biomechanics and nervous system function in your pet. Whether your pet is athletic or geriatric, chiropractic care may help to reduce pain and promote optimal function of the musculoskeletal system. It is important to have your pet examined by a certified Animal Chiropractor regularly, even when there is nothing obviously wrong. Much like chiropractic care for humans, your pets can benefit from chiropractic adjustments to keep them healthy and well throughout their life. Pet owners often report seeing increased energy, reduced pain or wagging tails after just a few treatments.
If your pet is showing signs of problems, they may benefit from chiropractic treatment!
You know your animal better than anyone. A change in behavior or mood is often a sign that your pet is in pain, and might be caused by a joint that is not moving properly. Sometimes they may experience changes in appetite.
Chiropractic treatment benefits pets with both acute injuries and chronic conditions. Your pet may benefit from chiropractic care if you notice any of the following:
- Your pet has difficulty rising from a lying down position or from sitting to standing.
- Your pet has muscle stiffness or weakness.
- Shaking /tremors in the limbs or the body.
- Mobility and gait abnormalities or limping.
- Different posture, i.e. hunched back, sitting on one hip rather than squarely.
- Your pet has been injured or there is a decreased performance in athletic ability.
- Bowel or bladder control problems.
- Changes in behavior, mood, or appetite.
What conditions respond well to chiropractic care?
- Osteoarthritis (Arthritis)
- Pain associated with hip dysplasia
- Intervertebral disc disease (slipped disc)
- Idiopathic lameness
- Weakness in a leg
- Urinary incontinence
- Sports injuries
- Other neurological conditions
Pet owners report the following benefits and changes in their animals after they have received animal chiropractic care:
- Less pain medications required (or none at all)
- Pet is more comfortable and happy!
- Improved mobility
- Improved gait
- Improved bladder control
- Increased energy and improved health
- Better temperament and mood
- Improved athletic performance
- Pet is more playful